Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What feeds my soal....

{giving}

I have my mothers....
hands
brown eyes
"do it yourself" mentality
her...even if its not what you want to hear...Ill tell you anyway because I can't lie kind of thing
her softness and her hardness
but the best thing I have of hers....
her giving heart
 It sooths my soul
I live to give

I give...
love
friendship
an arm to the old man at the grocery store
a smile to all the grumpy people walking around this town
attention to detail
compliments...because everyone deserves them
sarcasm a little too much
too much information to people
anyone I know having a bad day...a reason to smile
even when I can't.

I LIVE for moments like these.
I pray my daughter gets this  fom me...because besides Mark, Peyton, and family....NOTHING makes me happier.

Their are more traits I get from other family members some not as great.....so I will share those on a day when I'm not as happy because those traits....they will just make you laugh.

Today I gave of my friendship, words of advice (even though I'm horrible at that) and when she thanked me (thanked me  for being a friend?) It made me feel great....

So when you think you cant GIVE anything...
give your time
your thoughts
and your ear.

Because that's giving at it's finest and makes your soul..
alive!


1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post.

    You are so pretty, Shelby. Inside and out.

    XOXO.

    ReplyDelete