Monday, January 24, 2011

before I was a mom

{before I was a mom}


I was an Aunt.
I am an aunt to 4 nephews and 2 nieces.
But, the first time I became am Aunt.....
was to my Colty Mo.

Colten.
8 years old.
Watched Nemo (memo) over and over and over when he was 1-2.
Loved all super hero's from day one but LOVED spider man.
He wore a spider man costume 75% of the time till he was about 6 (maybe older but I won't call him out)
He would have wore it all the time but Shan didn't like that so he would wear it underneath his clothes.
Has always loved music.
Sang Hey There Delilah to me.
Is VERY smart.
Has the kindest most gentle heart.
Is very sensitive.
Has always been so cute.


He was the ring bearer in my wedding. (almost 5 years ago)
He told everyone how he was marrying me.
He wore the "tuxkedo" a lot, it was his favorite out fit.
He ran back to help walk me down the isle.
He cried when I didn't take him with me...and it shows in most pictures.
I felt horrible.
Because I married him ya know!

Me and Colt...
always and forever.

Sometimes (now that he is 8) he will let me treat him like I used to.
I will pick him up.
Baby talk him.
Rub his face.
He just gives me a look
like
this is funny but mostly weird.

I took some pics of him yesterday and was caught off guard when I SAW how old he was.
First time it really hit me.

To me he will always be the little boy that stole my heart.
Colt.
Stay sweet and sensitive.
Keep doing the things YOU love.
Always sing....I promise...you melt all the girls hearts.
I hope you always care about school as much as you do now.
I think you have missed 3 days since Kindergarten.
Stick with singing and playing instruments...your good at it.
You are also good at soccer and baseball!
You have the cutest smile so ALWAYS smile.
You have had a way with girls from the start...and now you have a girlfriend? I thought you were mine?
 Please, please, please....don't get too cool for Auntie Shelby.






I have always told you to be a model/singer Colt. You should, you should!!

I love all my nephews and nieces.
Last night was just thinking about this one...a lot.










No comments:

Post a Comment