Friday, March 18, 2011

Road trip

{Road trip}


Tuesday night P and I packed our bags and headed south.
She wanted to feed cows again.
I wanted to shoe shop and visit a friend.

I used to get the worst anxiety when traveling south.
The further south the worse I got.
I would make myself sick jumping at every car speeding by, telling Mark to break every time I could tell traffic was slowing. I'm sure he wanted to duct tape my mouth shut many times. Backseat driver all the way!

I have gone alone several times over the last few years since I have close friends south.
This time....anxiety free.
Well.......at least the driving part.
I got there and thought....
I didn't jump once, I kept the music on, I sang, I danced with P and even looked back at her a few times to see her dancing.
Trust me I treated myself.
I treated P too!

The only anxiety I did get was from P.
I haven't ever taken her alone, south. She hates being in a stroller so shopping was no fun.
Bribing with ice cream only made matters worse.
Chocolate on a white dress.
Thankfully there were two size two's.

(gap kids)

She doesn't love being in a stroller and did I forget to mention we skipped her nap?
If you know us at all, you know I have probably NEVER skipped nap time. P loves her sleep. So, I felt bad. Bad for P, bad for the friends we were with, and bad for myself....because she was stressing me out!
Lesson learned.

I loved visiting Val.
A hostess like you would not believe.
Spoiled me rotten.
But my favorite part?
Listening to her talk.
Learning more about her.
Being real.
Stealing decorating ideas.
Being interrupted by my daughter who defiantly needs MORE interaction with other kids.
Loving on her daughter who is seriously the biggest snuggle bug I've ever met.
Listening to her son who is SO smart for a five year old.
He walked right up to me and introduced himself and said "let me show you something out in the garage".
A Jeep that he knew EVERYTHING about.
EVERYTHING.

I've always been the girl who ditches the adults and hangs with the kids.....and for Peyton's sake I need to get over that...or have another to entertain her so I can be an adult.

Thank you Val for having us. For everything. For you. For this...


(anthro)
She knows me.
She knows P.
Got P a dolly that we somehow lost before we left.
A doll P named Dolly and keeps talking about. It's so cute. So unique and looks like P.  It's PERFECT too.
Ha ha...
Caeden (Val's son) told me I should give Peyton a new nick name....Scrunching his little nose he whispered..."P just sounds kinda gross".

I couldn't stop without visiting my Sarah Belle.
She is always working so we ate lunch.
And she is always spoiling so we walked out with this....

(Pier 1)
She knew that P stole MY pillow, so she got her a pillow of her own.

The drive home was so quiet.
P fell asleep instantly and didn't wake till we got to Wheatland to pick up Capone.
She was very happy to see him.

We drove home in time for dinner at my sisters....see...no anxiety just a normal day....and spoiled more with this....
(anthro)

And
this sister also...has helped me the last two weeks try to snag a bamboletta.
Ill be honest and I think Ive said this before....these dolls are hard to get....and a rush if you ever try. Such a weird thing. But she was SPEEDY and snagged one up.....


After this weekend.....
lets just say....I'm done shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment