Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Memory lane.

{Memory lane}


The last few weeks I have realized a lot about myself.
I hate talking about myself to be honest..most people do.
So this post is for me.
To come back to and remember.

It's funny when you smell something familiar how it can take you back to the very memory that made you remember that smell.

Words or sayings can do that very thing! I was texting a trunk keeper the other night and one of her responses was
10-4
It was like time froze and for 10 minutes I sat there and let a memory take over.
If I said it out loud it would sound like this
ten foe
(Shan and Myshell will get this only)
My eyes filled with tears which isn't unusual lately. I have always been sensitive but usually great at hiding emotions.
Ten four is something my dad said all the time to us.
It would make our blood boil. We couldn't ever get a straight answer just a ten foe.
LOL
Now it makes me laugh.

A memory triggered by a silly response.
So, I took a quick trip down memory lane and thought about the man who was my Dad, the man who is now a stranger I wouldn't recognize if I saw him, but I would his voice, the man in my childhood scrapbook that I wonder if I ever want to explain him to my daughter.
She has a papa. My Dad...he is my step dad but you would never hear me refer to him in that term. He is my dad. He raised me since 5th grade. He put up with me through my teenage years. He pretended to like my high school boyfriend. He partied with me the night I turned 21. He liked Mark from the day he met him. He walked me down the isle when I got married. He was at the hospital to meet Peyton, and HE is Peyton's Papa.
Peyton will grow up knowing nothing different and I think I like it that way. I like that she has a stable family and people she will always know and wont ever choose to leave her life.
How could you choose to leave your child's life?
Some people don't get a choice and their taken.
And.
Some people choose.

So, ten foe  along with Garth Brooks (when the thunder rolls), ACDC (she gave me the queen, she gave me the king, she was wheeling and dealing just doing her thing), "ah, hey I hea ya", trigger the sound of his voice.
And take me down memory lane.

Shan and Myshell, did you take a trip?




No comments:

Post a Comment