Friday, March 11, 2011

Isn't it ironic

{Isn't it ironic}

When your so tired but you can't sleep.
I've never used the word ironic until today.
A barking dog yapping away has me lying in bed saying this is ironic. To be honest I'm not even sure I used it the right tense, and I really don't care.
It made me laugh and think of Alanis Morset.

I can't think of things to blog about lately. I guess it's because I feel like it will bore the people reading...but just reminded myself this is for me, Mark, and Peyton. (mostly)

For the last week P has been asking to go feed the cows hay with Papa. So, yesterday we drove down. The second we turned down the old Wheatland hwy Peyton said "mama we almost there". I laughed. She has such a sense of direction!
 Mark calls it "real world smarts".  He tells me all the time...babe your so smart...and I laugh...because scholastically I'm really not...then he says  I mean "real world smart".
He says I'm a great judge of character which I am.
I know people, I get people always have.
I never really tried in school.
I always got good grades through out A's, B's, the occasional C.
College came and it seemed like everyone talked about it and I never did. We never did at home really. I just don't remember it being important. So I stayed in Casper and went to CC. Took business management classes.
I did okay....in the classes I didn't have to study in. All the basics...fine....easy actually...
Business Law.....I liked.
Accounting.....I hated.
Pottery ( my easy A) wasn't so easy.
I'll be honest.
I was prob drunk still from the night before for most of these classes. Pre occupied because I cared more about working, making money, living on my own, and having fun then I ever did about college.
My parents were even paying! Stupid me!
I quit after two years.
I never had that childhood dream job.

So it's also ironic that I married someone who is VERY "book smart". Annoyingly so......he knows everything...and if he doesn't he finds out. Hence the nick name I gave him...."google".
He has 2 degree's, a semester of student teaching left for his third, and now debating....P.A school, or petroleum engineering?
The part that's so crazy to me...is Mark could do either...with little effort in the "smarts" department.

With Mark being so smart I say he gets bored easily. I don't know if any job will ever satisfy him because once he knows everything about it....he wants to know more...and if there is not more to learn....he moves on....so I'm hoping he find his passion.....something that fulfills him in that area in his life....

As for me? I've found mine.
My passion.
Peyton Reese Hamrick
Being a mom is what I was meant to be.
It's my passion, it's my job, it's what Ive ALWAYS wanted to be.
I feel lucky and blessed to be able be that for Peyton.
I didn't have to go to school to learn how to love her.
I did luckily go to school so I could learn how to fix her hair pretty.
I will be able to teach her my "street smarts".
How to love.
How to give.
How to be the best person she can be.
And
how to be okay with whoever it is she is.






1 comment:

  1. I kept reading, thinking you were going to say that another was on the way. lol

    love you.

    ReplyDelete