Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sugar and Spice

{Sugar and Spice}

This weekend was full of of everything girly.
I hosted a party for Matilda Jane Clothing company. They have the most amazing little girl clothing!
I thought of the saying "sugar and spice and everything nice" and knew I had to make this about the kids.

The basement is Peyton's. Her toy room, her place to have fun,  be creative...it was the perfect location. Of coarse I had to hide many toys because she has TOO many! I cleaned it up threw a table down there and filled it with treats. Candy galore. The yummiest mini cup cakes. Meat, cheese, peppers, and cracker. Dips. The best sparkling wine (that was for the mama's)lemonades, and water.

I had my plan. My plan was prepared at least a week before the party. I wonder sometimes why I plan....because it never goes according.
The first little girl walked in with her mama (who helped me every step of the way thanks so much Melissa) Bella. I learned a bit about her and her name fits her perfectly. Beautiful inside and out. A little girl who has done more charity work and acts of kindness than most adults I know! She was excited about all her friends coming to the party.
When the friends came in it was all things girly. They got treats.....candy.... I said to them " hey girls...I put some veggies out here and nobody touched them" Bella's response..."well why did you put candy on the table"? LOL....the better question is why did I put veggies on the table? They sat in a circle...snacking, giggling, looking cute as ever!!! I found myself standing there....watching....thinking about Peyton being that age. 
6
I think they were mostly all between 6 and 8.
They seemed so much older. So much personality, sass, style, opinions.
One girl asked me "how old is your daughter"? I replied "she will be two in April". she said "what? I thought she was in college". I said "WHAT? Do I look old enough to have a daughter in college"? "YES you look as old as my mom...she's 31".
LOL
I remember when I thought 31 was old.
So funny. Kids are so honest so pure.

SO anyway....the party. It was fun. The kids played and tried on clothing. Us mom's chatted, ate a little, talked about how GOOD the sparkling wine was!
I made them all try a fruit dip I made. It's the best and nobody touched it! I tried bribing these 6 years olds...."if you try it and DON'T like it, I will give you each a dollar". Their response before even trying "I don't like it hehehehhe". Did I really think they were that naive? I KNEW they would like it....I had ZERO dollars upstairs! I guess that's why people label their snacks. Everyone thought it was peanut, honey something.

Butterscotch Fruit Dip
1 8 oz cream cheese
1 small bag butterscotch chips
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Mix well!

The weekend ended and Matilda Jane has been introduced to Casper Wyoming.
Matilda Jane who has amazingly cute clothing, a company that is based on great values, and has amazing women behind the brand. I can't decide what I like more...the clothing....or the acts of kindness the woman behind the brand does for so many people.
Follow their blog.....you will know what I mean.
I ended my weekend spending all day with my Sweet P.
Just us two.
As P says "just me and you me and you".
Snuggling lots, Toys Story 3 in the background all day, and playing in the toy room. Today was what most of my day's consist of and I love every minute of it.

And everything nice. That's what little girls are made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment