Sunday, February 6, 2011

Friends.

{you've got a friend in me}


Today and the last few day have been trying.

Trying because I'm trying to be the best friend I can possibly be to  someone who needs me the most right now.
Just praying for the right words, the ability to be there, and knowing when to talk and when to listen.

My heart breaks for my dear friend.
I ask for your prayers to help lift her up and give her strength at this time. (just pray for Shelby's friend).

For me....I'm realizing what friendship is.

When were young it's mostly about how many friends you have.
"Who" the are.
The older you get it becomes more about who is fun.
Meeting new ones...being care free and having fun...with anyone and everyone.

And then it comes to the point where I have been the last couple of years.
The time you realize who you true friends are.
Not letting go of all the other friends who you love and have fun with.
But, realizing there are a special few who you connect with, trust, share with, love, and hold dear.
Because...
they get me.
We view life, love, and future with the same respect.
We have the same values.
We can laugh and cry and we can keep it all between us.

I have a handful.
I will share a few things about SOME of these dear friends without naming them.

One....who called me tonight. Who just knows when I need to talk. Always calls at the right time. Were both strong but weak. She knows one of my weaknesses is my speaking, but she knows my heart is as soft as they come. She knows ME...and I know HER. I love this about us.

One who is my sidekick. Who will always be my best friend. Who makes me feel young and silly ALWAYS. Never fails to make me laugh...sometimes till I cry. Makes me proud to call her my best friend. This is one of those friends who when you think of Shelby...you think of her. And that's the best way to explain her. I would be lost without her.

The ones who are also my sisters. I love inside and out. All of the good and the bad...these ones can drive me crazy but I will always love and never turn my back on. EVER. Who I call because they know me the best....the only people I let all the way in and the only people who know everything and still love me.

The one's I have met as an adult. As a mother. One's I have more in common with than anyone. One's that even though we don't have the history it seems like we have been in each others lives forever. These one's more than just friends they have inspired me as a mother, a friend, a person. They connect with the person I am now....and I realize some of my life long friends are the one's I'm just meeting.


The one who I get to also make out with. This one is the one I love deeper than the rest.  I respect more than anyone else. And knows me inside and out. Who I know better than anyone else. We know the good, the bad, and the worst. We made it a promise to know everything about each other and I know we are the only people who do. I love this about us. I also love that we are so different...and that's okay. I never have ever changed who I am or what I believe in, nor has he. And although we have very different opinions...about a lot....we are on the same EXACT page on the things in life we both cherish.

And because this friend weighs heavy on my heart today I will write a special note about her....I know one day I will read this and think wow...look how far we have come. Because this friend I only met months ago but know she will ALWAYS be a huge part of my life. Someone I literally loved from the moment I met her. When I met her the quote that came to mind was "never mistake kindness for weakness". To me this meant she was one of the kindest people I had ever met....but also the strongest. Over the months I have learned how strong she really is....and her strength is beyond words. She is BEAUTIFUL inside and out. One of the truest most honest people, so full of good, so full of love. Hanging with her is comfortable, silly, full of laughs, she inspires me to be a better mom, wife, person.. I admire her and lift her up. Marinate her with love, and fill her with all my strength. Right now she needs this....and I hope all my other friends can join me in giving this to her...in prayer.
And trust me when I say. I am truly blessed to be able to call these friends....a part of.....my handful.





No comments:

Post a Comment