Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Birthday

{happy birthday}

I am remember this day two years ago.
At this time I had gone to the hospital twice and sent home each time. Laying in the same exact spot (only this time a little more comfortable). I remember looking at the wall and wondering why the minutes in between each contraction seemed to go by so fast. I remember taking 5 baths to relax me. I remember Daddy coming to check on my in the bath...I asked him if we could go back to the hospital (surely they could give me something to make this hurt less, no?) he told me not yet....they said 4 minutes apart. I took handfuls of water and just kept throwing them at him. I showed him!
I went back at 8:30am.
FINALLY dilated enough.
The doctor was there and so was the anaesthesiologist.
LUCKY me!
And then I was comfortable again.
Just waiting for you.

The doctor went to church. It was palm Sunday.
I tried to nap...but natuarally too anxious.
You arrived at 4:40 pm.
I think I only pushed a handful of times...maybe eight.
You were good to mama..

You had black hair just like I did when I was born.
You had dark skin...(juandice)
Full red lips.
Swollen eyes.
Huge feet.
And that moment, I turned into a Mama.

I have loved everything about being a Mama to you.
You make it easy (even when its hard).


I remember April 5, 2009 like it was yesterday.
I always will remember it.
The day you were born.
The day I met you.
My sweet Peyton.

You are my blessing and I love you always and forever.
Happy 2nd Birthday, P.
On this day, more than every other day, we celebrate you.
Our gift.
Our life.
Our sweet.....
Peyton Reece Hamrick.





No comments:

Post a Comment