Monday, May 23, 2011

{my mother always said}

{my mother always said}

"I'm sorry you feel that way".
And
I hated it when she said that.
Yet, again...things she always said seem to ring true the older I get.
That saying....along with
"actions speak louder than words"
I am big on that saying.
I am all about action...less about talk.
I think talk is cheap.
So since I'm not as good with words anyway....I always let my actions do the talking.

It's funny being a mom now....and the older I get how many things/sayings/rules...my mom taught us that use to drive me nuts.....are some of the most important lessons I've held onto.

Thinking about these today.
And being proud that my actions always speak louder than my words.

I hope to pass this onto you P. Because I think it's so important. Once of my best friends told me the other day " everyone considers you a best friend Shelby...it doesn't make them all best friends to you". And I appreciated that conversation...because even if people are not the best of friends to you....you can always be to them....and that to me was a compliment.
Thank you mom...for saying these annoying things all the time....because I'm thankful they stuck in my head all these years.


No comments:

Post a Comment