Tuesday, December 21, 2010

When your brain doesn't stop....

{when your ready for bed but your brain isn't}

Last Night.....
came to the couch after keeping Mark up too long.
couldn't stop the thoughts.
maybe because we played Santa early.
maybe because I drank a mnt dew at 9:30pm
maybe because this season is my MOST favorite time to give
and this year I got really inspired. The brain wants to keep "doing" but, the time is running out...Christmas is only 4 days away!

I also  thought how crazy it was that my little sister turned 22 yesterday.
I remember it like it was yesterday walking her into her first day of kindergarden. I was starting 5th grade at a new school, she had a pony tail, a jean skirt with black velvet trim, a white long sleeve tee with a velvet bow, a bow in her hair.
My little sisters are not so little anymore.
22
21
20
When the youngest turns 21 in April....I think were all heading for sin city!!
So weird...but not really...if you know us at all.
Were all SO different....But have SO much fun together.
I thought how at 22 I was married and starting my own family...Ive always been the mother hen type...the bossy one...the one who will tell them how it should be done....jeez....they still love me?....prob because Im also the one who helped them look so cute in highschool....I was reminded of that when my youngest sister walked in with my old jeans on!!! I once was a size one also BRITT....(when I was 22)....My old jeans with the pink silk lining inside...that showed when you rolled them to be capris I wore them with a bright yellow tank (how bold was I) Ah, she always loved my clothes and I loved for them to look sooo cute!
I love that we all have kept our own personalities....it's so easy to get lost in a big group...
Thats prob what we all have in common:
CONFIDENCE....a good awarness of who WE are
a jelousy of our mothers body (who is smaller than all of us) (SICK)
and a uncoditional love for eachother DESPITE how different we all are.

So, I think its just the time of year...makes us think a lot. What are some new goals, what we want to change about our sleves, our homes, what we can do to be better, what we miss about our youth.....or maybe just I think these things....none the less....it kept me up too late.

And what woke me so early?
A early Santa visit....since Daddy has to leave for work.....
Daddy got this neck massager from Santa...but, I think Peyton thinks it was ment for her......

So thats how random and crazy my mind is lately....
Work will hopefully get it on track...for today....thats where Im headed.




1 comment:

  1. You are one amazing MAMA :) I've enoyed watching you grow up, even though you have always been so mature :) But truly you are an inspiration especially to those of us who have been mommy's for awhile. I think sometimes we tend to loose insight on certain things especially when we arent looking into the eyes of our toddlers anymore yet through the eyes of young adolescents. I need to step back more and cherish the little things and always remember those small giggles and handprints that will forever been tatooes in my heart. Keep up the great work and truly blessed to have you as a freind. :) Merry Christmas Shelby, Mark and P

    ReplyDelete