Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Focus on the family

{focus on the family}

We say this a lot at my mom's house. I swear each member of my family (sister, mom, dad, nieces, and nephews) all have some form of ADD. Some took meds for it...others never diagnosed. But positive we all have it!
So my mom takes her two fingers points them back and forth and your eyes and hers and says...."focus on the family".
Tonight I say it because....
it's perspective.


To know her is to love her. She is by far the most beautiful thing Ive ever seen in my entire life.
I remember taking this picture of her thinking her hair looks so long.  Her eyes so blue. Man has she changed.

the eyes now green...and the hair sun bleached more blond every day she still melts my heart like the day she was born.



I need to get more professional pic's of her. Mine just don't cut it. But it's how I see her....everyday....and because it's her...it's perfect enough for me.


I look at this pic and realize how much her teeth have changed since the passy send off!  That was such a success for more reasons than one!


The temper has always been the same...and Edna says she comes by it honestly. I can say....I have found the way to talk her out of this fit thing before it starts.....that was short lived and I'm hoping it doesn't come to visit often:)



And this just reminds me of how silly she is. How she will do anything to make me laugh.

Tonight when I stay awake late...thinking about things people do that I wish they wouldn't, the way people talk but you've already quit listening, the way a persons word means nothing these days....negative thoughts....thoughts that can make a person....UN focused
 I think of my mom and how even though I make fun of her when she says "focus on the family" I find myself say that...to myself.

She is my focus.
She is my family.



1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic post. So true. So heartfelt. You are an amazing Mama, Shelby. P is a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete