Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Technical interference..

{technical interference}

I love technology for many reasons.
I love the fact that when my daughter is napping (or lets be real watching cartoons) I can jump on the book.....share pictures of P with all my friends and family, enjoy all the pictures of my friends children who are also ever changing and growing quickly, and even just keep up with friends who if it weren't for the book I'd see once a year if that.....I love fb for all these reasons.

I don't love that it takes the realness out of some people.
It's so funny to me how you can communicate via fb and share so many friendly thoughts and words...and then you see the same person in person and they get that uncomfortable look and seem so awkward having a real LIVE conversation.

Obviously I'm not delusional. I know that having over 300 or however many "friends" we have via fb...blog followers, etc...doesn't really mean were all "friends" but in a sense it means we feel safe and comfortable sharing pic's of our children, sharing silly stories of our lives, and sometimes building new friendships based on common interests and the fact that our children will be growing up in the same community....
So the fact that the courtesy and comfort lies in a silly computer screen boggles my mind.
When I see you in person....I find it sad that people are not as friendly, act as if that kid in your shopping cart is not the same kid they leave comment after comment on in the pictures you post. It's kinda like the people who you have done their hair for years...and when they stop coming to you (happens all the time we as hair dressers expect this) act like you your going to be angry with them so they avoid you and act as if they haven't shared detailed stories of their life with you... it's okay people....my feelings towards you don't change because you wanted to try someone new to do you hair....it's okay....we can still be friends.

This technology interferes with the realness of people.
OR
Does technology just give people the confidence that they lack in person.
Either way it's kinda a tease.
You don't always get what you see on the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment